President Buhari has reinforced against criminals as he instructs the armed forces to fish-out every trace of banditry and kidnapping operating in Katsina State.
Buhari said this on Sunday while discussing with the Chief of General Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, at the State House in Abuja.
Meanwhile, a statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, proves that a special operation had already begun in Katsina State in respect to the presidential instruction.
“President Muhammadu Buhari has authorized the commencement of a major military operation to sweep bandits and kidnappers out of Katsina State.
“A major proactive operation by Special Forces, which details are being kept secret, is now in progress to replace the reactive strikes against insurgent camps.
“To give a full effect to the exercise, a planning team is already in the state selecting targets and making preparations for the execution of the ‘unprecedented’ operation.
“The Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, who has been measured in issuing official statements on the oncoming exercise, briefed the President on the plan he intends to launch shortly.
“President Buhari, who expressed sadness over the recent attacks in the state, extended his condolences to the families of those killed and prayed for the recovery of the injured”, Mallam Garba Shehu said in the statement.