Following the phase II relaxation of lockdown which accommodated a nationwide ban lift on religious gathering, the federal government has issued a list of fresh guidelines as Covid-19 cases hit a mounting figure of 13,873.
Taking it to Twitter on Thursday the Federal Ministry of Health laid down guidelines for the phase 2 relaxation, said security operatives will be authorised to enforce the new rules where necessary.
This move comes right after the advice of the presidential take force on Covid-19 ordered the reopening of the worship centres nationwide effective from Monday, June 1.
The government also announced a ban lift on local flights effective from Sunday, June 21, which may also see the ban on the interstate movement totally lifted.
The federal government gives condition for phase 2 relaxation of lockdown in Nigeria. UGC The guidelines for the ease of the lockdown phase 2 accepted by all the 36 governors include:
1. Compulsory use of face mask in public places
2. Provision of hand sanitizers and handwashing facilities
3. There must be an observance of social distancing as gathering should not be more than 20 people
4. There must be an overall observance of the rules guiding the restricted opening of worship centres
5. There must be controlled access to markets based on the guidelines of the local authorities
6. Hotels may open but restaurants remain closed
7. Banks and other financial institution and private companies reopen in normal hours. 8. Government offices open between 9 am and 2 pm
9. Schools, bars, gym, cinema, clubs, park garden, hawking and street trading are not permitted.
10. There is a national curfew from 10 pm- 4 am
11. Local flights resume but international flights are still banned.